Together, they’ve launched a new online dating site called MensaMatch.
Singles are always saying that being with someone smart is sexy. The Match Singles in America study found that 80% of singles say they “must have” or find it “very important” to be with someone of the same intelligence level.
On the Match blog, Dr. Helen Fisher, Match’s Chief Scientific Advisor says, “Why do we want a smart partner? Because intelligence is correlated with many benefits, including: higher income; sense of humor; creativity; social skills; coordination; and problem solving. These are sexy. People everywhere gravitate to smart lovers, because an intelligent partner comes with a host of sexy perks.”
Before you jump to take the Mensa test, now through July 6, 2014, you can take the Mensa home practice test for only $1 to see if you might have the chance to qualify to become a member of Mensa. Visit https://www.us.mensa.org/join/mht/ and Use Promo Code MATCHSUMMER14.
If you’re already a member of Mensa, as a Match member, you can now add an elite badge to your profile to express your interest in the High IQ organization. It’s quite possible you’ve already taken the Mensa test while in school, so if you have your scores handy, they can be used to join the MensaMatch. Otherwise, take two hours and after a good night’s sleep try the test on your own.
If you’re a tad shy from becoming a member of Mensa, don’t fret. Keep using key words such as intelligent, smart, and educated in your profiles and make sure to list your advanced degrees, should have a diploma to prove it.
If you’re in the 98% of those who crave intelligence without being a Mensa member, to look for smart singles, check out the profiles in these top 20 cities of the smartest singles in the U.S. with the highest percentage of Ivy League graduates.
- Durham, NC
- North Alamos, NM
- Ithaca, NY
- Washington, DC
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Charlottesville, VA
- Santa Fe, NM
- Boulder, CO
- Starkville, MS
- Vernon, TX
- New York, NY
- Oxford, MS
- Boston, MA
- Gainesville, FL
- Las Vegas, NV
- Bridgeport, CT
- Trenton, NJ
- San Jose, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Taos, NM
Photo credit: Fotolia.com
Julie Spira is America’s Top Online Dating Expert and Digital Matchmaker. She’s been helping singles find love on the Internet for two decades. For online dating advice follow @JulieSpira on Twitter and sign up for the free Cyber Dating Expert Weekly Flirt.
Need help with your online dating profile or decoding those cryptic text messages? Find out how our Irresistible Profiles will help you find your dream date.
It’s with great enthusiasm to let you know that I’ve been asked to participate in the Los Angeles Great Love Debate on July 17th at the Pacific Design Center.
On July 17th
Over 400 of Southern California’s most dynamic singles will be at the
Silver Screen Theater @ Pacific Design Center
to take part in
WHY IS EVERYONE STILL SINGLE?
Don’t miss a night of guys, gals, great guests, giveaways… and pre & post show parties catered by Wolfgang Puck!
Tickets on sale at http://LoveLA.eventbrite.com
FIRST 50 PEOPLE TO USE PROMO CODE JS10 SAVE $10!
THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT, NO TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR!
Doors open at 6:30pm for cocktails, Showtime is 7:30pm
“Meet, Greet, Mix, Mingle, & Match” after-party immediately follows!
Register now with promo code JS10 to save $10 before it sells out!
See you there!
The good news is summer officially starts on Saturday, so you can celebrate the Summer Solstice all weekend long.
Here are ten of the best summertime first date ideas that won’t break the bank, nor will it put too much pressure on a date with someone new.
Happy dating and enjoy the sunshine!
1. Ride the Ferris Wheel.
Go to an amusement park and ride the Ferris Wheel or even the roller coaster, if you dare.
2. Find a free outdoor concert.
Bring a picnic meal and a blanket and take in the sounds of local artists. Some museums and parks actually have well-known musicians.
3. Watch an outdoor movie.
While drive-in theaters have become obsolete, the trend of watching movies on a big screen at a shopping center or local park has become all the rage.
Make sure to go grocery shopping together to spice up the date. Cooking together can be filled with laughter. Don’t forget to pick up chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers to make s’mores for dessert.
5. Go on a bike ride.
Make it more memorable by renting a bicycle built for two! Remember to take photos and of course, ask for permission before posting to Instagram.
6. Take a Beach Yoga Class.
Yoga is sexy on a date. Remember to bring your sunscreen. If you don’t live near a beach, check out the many outdoor classes in a park.
7. Take a cooking Class.
Stores such as Sur le Table nationwide have cooking classes on their calendar. If you can’t find one near you, check out the local universities and colleges or a MeetUp group for foodies.
8. Snack at the Food Trucks.
Many neighborhoods have a food truck day. Find out which day or night they’ll be parked in your neighborhood. From the healthy green truck to a spicy Mexican cuisine, there’s a favorite truck for every type of palate.
9. Go to a baseball game.
It’s the season for America’s favorite past time. Nibble on peanuts and Cracker Jack and enjoy the 7th inning stretch. Check the MLB.com website for dates and times. Not in a baseball city, find a minor league game near you.
10. Go to a zoo.
It’s fun to feed the animals at the zoo Take it a step further and walk into the petting zoo and spend time with the llamas and sheep.
Don’t forget to memorialize your fun outdoor date by snapping photos. Who knows, you just might end up with a nice kiss at the end of the date to add to your digital memory book.
Julie Spira is America’s Top Online Dating Expert and Digital Matchmaker. She coaches singles on the dating scene with her Irresistible Profiles programs to help them find love offline.
Even though Father’s Day is a recent memory, it’s good to point out that single and divorced dads are quite active on online dating sites.
As a matter of fact, Match reports that 30% of their male subscribers are indeed single dads. PlentyofFish tells us that almost 45% of single men in the United States on their site who are between the ages of 30 and 50 are single dads!
So what’s the secret to blending your dating life and dating a single dad?
1. Communication. Talking about your relationship with your children is the most important part of dating a single or divorced parent. Some single dads have split schedules with their children and others are full-time dads. Some have children in college and some even have grandchildren. Talking about your schedules, when to introduce them to someone you’re dating and your long-term goals about staying single or blending a family should happen in the early stages of dating.
2. Tell, don’t post. While your kids are a priority, posting photos of them in your primary dating photo is not recommended. Instead, mention in the body of your profile the ages of your children and how important they are in your life.
3. Respect the calendar. Be understanding of his schedule. Remember, a single dad is juggling kids activities, carpooling the children back to their mother’s home, and possibly a demanding work schedule, while still trying to find time to date. When it comes to to big holiday events, you just might need to celebrate with him on a different date.
4. Love, but don’t parent. There should be an endless amount of love for all children, but when they aren’t your own, resist the urge to discipline and become a parent. Show them love and kindness and make sure it’s not your goal to steal his heart away from his children. It’s not a competition to see who ranks higher on the totem pole. It’s about adding joy to their lives, when the time is right.
The good news is that single dads are 46% more likely to meet someone on their dating site as compared to men without children, according to Match.
When are the guys most often searching for love online?
Match reports that single dads log on most often between 6:00am and 9:00am in the morning before their workday begins.
The good news is that more than half of single dads will email single moms than men without children. Single dads spend time in the trenches with their kids, so they will tend to be more empathetic to your family schedule as well.
Are you a single dad looking for love online?
Find out how our Irresistible Profiles can help you find your dream date.
Julie Spira is America’s Top Online Dating Expert and Digital Matchmaker. She was an early adopter of Internet dating and helps singles who are looking for love online and IRL. For more dating advice follow @JulieSpira on Twitter and sign up for the free Weekly Flirt newsletter.
After spending 20 years in the online dating industry, I know that trying a new dating site can be intimidating. I thought I’d let you know that I recently signed up for a new online dating site, Cupid.com and I wanted to share some of my experiences with you.
While everyone is familiar with Cupid, the God of Love worldwide, perhaps you didn’t know that Cupid is one of the biggest dating sites in the UK.
Cupid has now made its way to the US to match up singles stateside!
Here are a few of my favorite things about Cupid so far:
• New Faces: Since I started using Cupid a few weeks ago, I’ve already seen the site grow extensively. In the LA area I’m seeing and chatting with great guys, and more are joining every single day.
• Exclusive Events: Cupid hosts great events so that you can make the most of your online and social life! This month they are hosting exclusive screenings of sci-fi thriller Coherence in LA on June 19th, along with a fun pre-party so all the singles can mix and mingle. You’re invited to join in on the fun and bring a friend as well! I’ll be on site providing free dating advice for singles looking for love online.
• Mobile Dating App: It’s easy to communicate and flirt with Cupid.com’s mobile app. Download the app here:
P.S. Cupid is offering a $12 rate for one full year of membership for a limited time.
To RSVP for the Coherence film and VIP party, register here.
What: Coherence Film party in Los Angeles
When: June 19th, 5:30pm party followed by 7:30pm Screening
Where: Party: Good Luck Bar and Screening at the Vista Theatre
Cupid.com is hosting this event, so grab a single friend and RSVP to get your name on the list!
Cyber-Dating Expert is a paid Spokesperson for Cupid.com for the #SetLoveFree promotion. All opinions are our own.
Photo credit: Fotolia.com