Cupcakes have risen to become the #1 dessert of choice these days. We’re delighted to feature Any Way You Like It cream cheese cupcakes in our featured romantic Love Potions recipes.
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese – softened
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 vanilla wafers – and / or Oreos
12 foil cupcake liners
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) With an electric mixer, mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add flour, lemon juice, and eggs – one at a time – mixing between each.
3) Line a cupcake tin with foil cupcake liners. Place a vanilla wafer or Oreo cookie in the bottom of each liner. Pour 1/3 cup of cheesecake batter over each cookie. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes; until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
* Any way you like it toppings: Fresh fruit or berries, Oreo crumbles, Pie filling, Whipped cream.
Love Potions recipe contributed by MenuForTheWeek.com
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to show your sweetie how you feel with a decadent dessert. This luscious mud pie is rich, chocolaty, and memorable, yet easy enough for even the most novice cook to make. It’s best made the day before or at least a few hours before you intend to serve it, so that the layers meld and harden.
4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
20 Chocolate sandwich cookies, like Newman’s Own or Trader Joe’s O’s
½ cup Toffee bits (like crushed Heath bar)
6 ounces Caramel sauce
1 pint premium coffee ice cream (like Julie’s Organic)
1 ½ pints vanilla ice cream (like Alden’s Organic vanilla)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Break cookies into large pieces and place in a food processor. Pulse until cookies are in large crumbs, then pour in melted butter and pulse a few more times to combine. Press crumbs into a pie plate to form a crust and bake for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
2. Heat jar of caramel sauce according to package directions. Pour over crust, then sprinkle with toffee pieces. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until caramel is firm.
3. Let coffee ice cream sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Spoon into the pie and spread into an even layer with a spatula or spoon. Return to freezer for 30 minutes or until ice cream is hard.
4. Let vanilla ice cream sit at room temperature for 10 minutes or until soft enough to spread with a spatula. Remove pie from freezer and spread vanilla ice cream over the coffee ice cream with a spoon or spatula until it’s an even layer. Return to freezer. Let freeze for at least an hour before serving. If not eating immediately, cover with plastic wrap.
This Love Potions recipe was contributed by Amelia Winslow.
At the recent Taste of Beverly Hills, I stopped by the Lindt chocolate booth and sampled some of their finest chocolates. I’m pleased to share one of their decadent recipes with you, the Spiced Chocolate & Orange Winter Pudding to warm you and your sweetheart up this season.
100g Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa
50g Lindt Ecuador 85% Cocoa, roughly chopped
Lindor Balls for decoration
185g self raising flour
60g plain flour
3 oranges, segmented
200g unsalted butter, soft
125ml orange juice
1tsp Chinese five spice
4 cardamon pods, crushed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
15ml Grand Marnier
1. Preheat the oven to 160 ºC (130 ºC fan assisted)
2. Sift together both flours several times in a large mixing bowl to ensure a light pudding. Toss orange segments in flour.
3. In a medium saucepan combine butter, 100g of chocolate, sugar, reserved orange juice and spices. Gently heat until sugar has dissolved and chocolate is molten. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Make a well in the centre of the flour and strain chocolate orange mixture in, mixing until well combined. Break eggs and stir through before adding chopped chocolate. Note: It’s important to stir the batter only until it’s just combined, otherwise the pudding may end up rather tough.
5. Spoon mixture into prepared moulds and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and drizzle with some Grand Marnier while still hot. Turn out and serve warm with some chocolate sauce and orange segments.
Cooking time: prep 20mins, baking 30mins
This love potion recipe is courtesy of Lindt Chocolate. For more chocolate recipes, visit Lindt.com
It’s Thanksgiving week and never to late to add a sweet addition to your holiday menu.
Last Thanksgiving we featured Pecan Pumpkin Butter Pie, which is still one of my favorites.
This latest recipe comes from PecanPieRecipe.com and is a wonderful addition to our Love Potions.
This two-layer pie has a bottom layer of tender sweet potatoes, combined with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cane syrup and vanilla. The pecan pie filling is spread over the top with a garnish of whipped cream and chocolate curls.
1 Prepared Sweet Pie Crust
1 pound Sweet Potatoes, baked until fork tender, peeled and mashed
1/2 cup Pure Cane Syrup
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated Nutmeg
5 Extra Large Eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Pecan pieces
1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed Light Brown Sugar
Sweetened Whipped Cream, accompaniment
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Combine sweet potatoes, cane syrup, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, 1 egg, and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
3. Spoon sweet potato mixture into the unbaked pastry shell. Spread smooth.
4. Sprinkle pecan pieces onto the filling.
5. Beat 4 eggs in a large bowl. Add 1-teaspoon vanilla, corn syrup, sugar, brown sugar, and salt.
6. Pour egg mixture over pecans.
7. Bake 1 hour, or until pastry edges are golden brown, and filling is set.
8. Cool on wire rack. Allow 1 hour.
9. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 1 hour before serving.
10. Garnish with chocolate and sweetened whipped cream.
All of us at Cyber-Dating Expert wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving.
- Cooking Time: 9-11″
- Preparation Time: 10″
- 18 oz tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 c flour
- 2 t lemon zest
- 2 t orange zest
- 1/4 t vanilla
- yellow food coloring
- orange food coloring
- 1/2 c white chocolate chips
- organ and yellow sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat flour into cookie dough, then divide into three parts.
- Beat lemon zest and yellow food coloring into 1 part; set aside.
- Beat orange zest and orange food coloring into another part; set aside.
- Beat vanilla into remaining plain part.
- Roll each section into a long rope.
- Lay side-by-side on a lightly-floured surface, with the orange in the middle.
- Use a rolling pin to roll (lengthwise), forming one sheet of dough with three stripes – plain, orange, yellow.
- Use a knife or pastry cutter to cut into triangles.
- Bake 9-11″ and let cool for 1″ before transferring to rack to cool completely.
- Microwave chips for about 1″ to melt, then dunk some of the tips or backs into the chocolate and sprinkle with colored sugar.
Love Potions courtesy of Bake Space and Tyler’s Aunt
At the recent Taste of Beverly Hills sponsored by Food and Wine magazine, attendees were treated to the famous Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie served in stylish silver purses. Not only did we receive this yummy delight, but along with the tote, they shared their secret recipe for us to try at home.
1/2 cup [1 stick] butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approximately 30 seconds). Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds. In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips. Using a 1-ounce scoop or 2-tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2-inch circle. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispier cookie. Makes 2 dozen cookies.
Hint: Sneak one in his briefcase or leave one on his pillow at nighttime.
At a recent charity event, The Saban Free Clinic’s Extravaganza for the Senses, I walked around a Hollywood Studio Lot filled with some of the finest delicacies and wines for the most discriminating palate.
When I walked past the booth for Francis Ford Coppola’s Winery, a set of hot pink cans filled with sparkling wine caught my eye. It turns out that Coppola promised his daughter Sofia when she was a little girl, that he would someday make a sparkling wine and name it after her. That dream came true on her wedding day.
The vintage, Sofia-Blanc de Blancs from Monterey County is now available in a set of hot pink individual cans with sipping straws perfect for a bachelorette party or a quick night out on the town.
Fruity and refreshing, Sofia Blanc de Blancs is a rare blend of Pinot Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, and Muscat. Mellow flavors of apples and pears are topped by a hint of citrus and honeysuckle. Elegant in character, this wine is lightly textured and vibrant through the finish.
As part of our Sex and the City 2 Celebration Week, we’re featuring SKYY® Vodka’s SATC-inspired cocktails.
SKYY created recipes in honor of the film’s release which included: “Glamour Gal,” “Red Over Heels,” “Park Avenue Princess,” “Blonde Ambition” and the “Mr. Manhattan.”
Local restaurants and bars nationwide were serving these signature cocktails along with Patricia Field-designed giveaway items.
Rather stay inside and sip? SKYY has shared their specialty drink recipes with us.
Rim a martini glass with Crème de Cassis and sugar.
Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
Strain into the martini glass.
Finish the cocktail with a drop of Crème de Cassis.
PARK AVENUE PRINCESS
Squeeze and drop half a lemon into a cocktail shaker.
Add SKYY Infusions Grape Vodka and 7Up with ice and stir.
Strain into a tall Collins glass with fresh ice.
Float red wine over top of drink.
RED OVER HEELS
Shake ingredients with ice.
Strain into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish with an orange peel.
*Combine .5oz. water with .5oz. honey to make honey syrup.
Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
Strain into a martini glass.
Garnish with a lemon peel.
Combine ingredients with ice into a cocktail shaker and stir.
Pour into a double rocks glass.
Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
To download a printable version of the recipes, click here>>>
Our love potion was contributed by Celebrity Chef Ameera, who says that everything tastes better with love. Besides this simple recipe, Chef Ameera offers cooking classes to spice up your love life.
Is it true the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach? Enjoy!
Almond Crusted Chocolate Dipped Bananas with Vanilla Bean Gelato
4 Chilled almost ripe bananas (a little green is ok)
3 1/2 Cups Melting Chocolate
2 Cups crushed almonds
1 Pint vanilla bean gelato
Powdered sugar for garnish
1. Begin by setting the bananas in the refrigerator for about a hour.
2. Melt the chocolate and set to the side.
3. Chop the almonds and place in a dish.
4. Pull the bananas out of the refrigerator and peel down only 3/4.
5. While holding the unpeeled portion of the banana dip into the chocolate and immediately coat with the almonds.
6. Repeat this step for each banana and sit in the refrigerator upright for 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
7. On a plate, place 1 scoop of the gelato and lay the banana against the gelato and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Chef Ameera offers cooking classes including:
Divas on the Dash- for the woman that “doesn’t think” she has time to cook. Learn to make fierce, flashy, and boast-worthy meals that are vibrant to look at and taste as if you slaved over the stove for hours (We won’t tell your secret)
Lovin’ on the leftovers – How to makeover yesterday’s leftovers…after all, the last bite is always the tastiest…
Aphrodisiacs Class – A lover’s guide to intimate taste testing… (this is best enjoyed as a couples class)
Feasts Fit for YOUR King, Princess and Prince – Preparing hearty meals for the family
Tapas Party - Small, festive, plated courses that will arouse your taste buds. All the rave in Latin culture…
Prima Donna Dinner Party - How to prepare, cook for, and host your own dinner party with style and flair. Everything you need to know about hosting a party and enjoying it.
Vivacious Vegetarians - Just because meat is out of the question, doesn’t mean the fun flavors have to be. She will teach you how to make the sexiest vegetarian dishes without sacrificing taste!
4” Stilleto Wearers Only - This class is only for the bold, brave and beautiful. The meal is a little more intensive due to the preparation and explanation of technique but we promise that the end result is almost as fabulous as you are.
Vixens Around the World – She believes that every culture is beautiful and offers bold sensuous flavors that are to be explored and celebrated. In this class we delve into the various international cuisines. The menu changes from week to week, so be sure to inquire as to where we will take our Vixen vacay before you sign up.
Sweet Treats that’ll keep you Petite - This class will teach you how to make sweets that will leave you wanting seconds and thirds… go head and indulge because the only thing we’ve knocked off is the calories
“Put A Ring On It” – She pulls out all the stops in this class. After this meal, he’d be a fool to let you slip away… but we already knew that didn’t we…
If you have a sexy recipe to share in our love potions, we’d love to hear from you at CyberDatingExpert.com
It’s true. Chocolate is known to be an aphrodisiac. Perhaps that’s why the chocolate recipes are the most popular selections in our Love Potions. According to Diana Phillips of Diana Phillips Artisan Chocolates, aphrodisiac is a word derived from the Greek Goddess of love, Aphrodite. Aphrodisiacs are agents that are said to cause the arousal of sexual desire. They have been around since before recorded history, but the meaning and purpose behind them has not changed. People employ these magical substances reputed for romance in hope of stimulating instant amour and erotic interest.
Diana shared with her her recipe for Chocolate Espresso Pots du Creme, adapted from Gourmet Magazine. They are both sinful and elegant and come complete with an added instruction: Meant for spooning into each other’s mouth. Clothing definitely optional.
CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO POTS DU CREME
You can use ramekins or fancy espresso cups – anything that’s oven safe.
* 6 oz fine-quality 55-64% dark chocolate, finely chopped
* 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
* 2/3 cup whole milk
* 2 teaspoons instant-espresso powder*
* 6 large egg yolks
* 2 tablespoons sugar
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 300°F.
Put chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring cream, milk, espresso powder (to taste), and a pinch of salt just to a boil in a small heavy saucepan, stirring until espresso powder is dissolved, then pour over chocolate, whisking until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
Whisk together yolks, sugar, and a pinch of salt in another bowl, then add warm chocolate mixture in a slow stream, whisking constantly. Pour custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a 1-quart glass measure and cool completely, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
Line bottom of a baking pan (large enough to hold ramekins) with a folded kitchen towel and arrange ramekins on towel. Poke several holes in a large sheet of foil with a skewer. Divide custard among ramekins, then bake custards in a hot water bath, pan covered tightly with foil, until custards are set around edges but still slightly wobbly in centers, 30 to 35 minutes.
Transfer ramekins to a rack to cool completely, uncovered, about 1 hour. (Custards will set as they cool.) Chill, covered, until cold, at least 3 hours.
Garnish with shipped cream or shave some more of the dark chocolate over the top.
yield: Makes 8 servings
active time: 30 min
total time: 5 1/2 hr (includes chilling)
Visit Diana Phillips Artisan Chocolates for more information on chocolate and recipes.