Getting ready to dress up for Halloween?
Nothing gets you more in the mood for this fun holiday than putting on some great music as you put your Halloween costume together.
Here are 10 Classic Halloween songs to hum to all day long.
1. Ghostbusters – Ray Parker Jr. – The title theme from the soundtrack film will fill you with laughter on Halloween
2. Spooky – Classics IV – One of my favorites, because it’s about love and romance.
3. Frankenstein – The Edgar Winter Group - No vocals, but the title alone merits its inclusion on the list this Halloween.
4.Monster Mash – Bobby “Boris” Pickett - You might not know who the artist is, but you’ll certainly recognize the song. No Halloween party would be complete without this seasonal favorite.
5. Witchy Woman – The Eagles – The mystery of the woman in this song made it a hit for the Eagles. Enjoy this live version.
6. Witch Queen of New Orleans – Redbone - Another personal favorite that I enjoyed playing on the radio. You’ll be humming Marie, Marie, da voodoo veau, she’ll put a spell on you.
7. Black Magic Woman – Santana – This song by Carlos Santana will always will be an incredibly sexy and classic tune that will never go out of style.
8. I put a Spell on You – Credence Clearwater Revival (CCR) – This bluesy song is one of my favorites.
9. Wherewolves of London – Warren Zevon – Although he is resting in peace, the Wherewolves will always be around to help us howl during Halloween and Warren continues to make us laugh.
10. Thriller – Michael Jackson - No Halloween would be complete without the excitement of this thrilling b bestselling song from the late King of Pop.
Honorable mention: Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Do you have any other favorites to add to this list? Best wishes for a happy, spooky, fun and flirty Halloween from your friends at CyberDatingExpert.com
Follow @JulieSpira on Twitter
Internet dating has evolved from the early days of chat rooms and dial up Internet to high-speed wireless Internet and now to a social dating experience. From getting dating advice on Twitter from @Match or @eHarmony to checking out your potential date?s Facebook page, while still chatting on the phone with him or her, digital dating has ramped it up a big notch.
Let’s face it. You?re hanging your digital hat on Facebook and Twitter a bit more often than logging into your online dating account, and with good reason. You like to see what your friends are up to and cheer them on with an occasional like or two. Staring at Selfies photos can be fun, and watching someone change their relationship status is a golden moment.
Most online dating sites are now entrenched with social media allowing you to upload your photos directly from Facebook and even using the like button for people to vote on their favorite photos of you. This is quite helpful as you can and should change your photos around a bit. If you notice that some are getting more attention, then they?re keepers.
When Facebook launched their Social Graph search in January, I spoke with USA Today. The article, Facebook Unleashed Cupid Potential came out while many of the Internet dating executives were at the Internet Dating Conference.
I was quoted as saying:
Dating norms, however, have already taken root on Facebook. People have long-perused the photos and postings of members in the game of attraction, says Julie Spira, a digital-dating maven who runs CyberDatingExpert.com.
“It’s the world’s largest social network, and they could be the world’s largest dating network if they want to go there,” Spira said.
No longer could online dating sites and singles ignore the big digital gorilla in the room. A few weeks later, we debuted Facebook Love Stories, featuring real world couples who met or reconnected on Facebook and fell madly in love.
Cyber-Dating Expert friend Cliff Lerner, the CEO of Are You Interested wrote an interesting piece in Huffington Post entitled, Why Facebook Graph Search Will Make Online Dating Cool.
I have to agree with Lerner. There are some that still think there?s a stigma with online dating, but have no problem contacting other singles on Facebook chat. This my friends is social dating at its best.
At the end of the digital day, you need to cast a very wide net. If you?re uncomfortable saying that you?re an online dater, tell people that you?re a social dater. Do whatever it takes to find love, online, offline, and on Facebook.
Wishing you much love and joy in cyberspace, on Facebook, or wherever you may roam.
From creating Irresistible Profiles, to listening to your date updates in 15 Magic Minutes, and with our exciting promotion with ProFlowers, where five lucky winners will be receiving stunning roses to send to someone they’ve got a crush on, or to keep for themselves.
The five winners of the Romance and Roses Contest are:
Alex Shapiro – @AlexShapiroPR
Kerianne Mellott – @keri_mellott
Cija Black – @modernloveguide
Each winner will receive one of three choices in a romantic rose bouquet from ProFlowers.com. Even if you didn’t win the free roses, during National Romance Awareness Month, you can save up to 50% off a large variety of flowers and roses. Visit ProFlowers.com/Romance to find the perfect floral bouquet for you.
Still need a little more romance in your life? Now through the end of the month, we’ll be giving 10 winners a day 15 Magic Minutes for FREE! That’s right. We know that you could be frustrated with dating, or that your profile could use a second set of eyes.
You can enter by following @JulieSpira and tweeting @JulieSpira I’d like to win 15 Magic Minutes. #romancemonth.
Increase your chances of winning by posting to our Facebook page and let us know why you want to win 15 Magic Minutes.
Enter here for your chance to speak with Cyber-Dating Expert Julie Spira via phone or Skype for free with your dating questions during National Romance Awareness Month.
From August 19-31, 20 lucky singles will have the chance to win the Cyber-Dating Expert 15 Magic Minutes service completely free.
That’s right! Do you have a burning question about your love life, did you have a bad date last night? Confused about his or her text messages? Have a bit of a bump on the road in your relationship? All these questions and more will be answered by Julie Spira, the country’s top online dating expert and digital matchmaker.
Enter here for your chance to speak to Julie via phone or Skype. This offer is valid in the United States and Canada for singles and couples 21+.
In between is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate with or without a date. This is St. Patrick’s Day.
Although I’m not Irish, I always wear something green, change my Twitter photo to include a leprechaun hat and hope that I’ll have the luck as a friend of the Irish.
Whether you know the history of St. Patrick or not, it’s the perfect time to brush up on your flirting skills to get ready for spring fever. With St. Patrick’s Day on a Sunday, you can start celebrating early and make it a weekend event.
To get into the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day, you don’t need to be Irish. If you practice these expert dating and flirting skills, you’ll likely have a date on your calendar before the weekend is over, or will enjoy the time together with the object of your affection.
Online Dating and Flirting
1. Log onto your online dating site and change your profile photo to wearing something green.
2. Revise your headline or first sentence of your profile to days, “Kiss me if you’re Irish.”
3. Send a text message the the person you’ve had a crush on to say “Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Even if they aren’t Irish, chances are they’ll reply to you.
4. Sign up for eHarmony’s free communication weekend from March 14 – 18 (5 Full Days! #af)
Offline Dating and Flirting
5. If you have a date on the calendar, pick up a green carnation for him or her. Although receiving carnations might appear tacky on Valentine’s Day, a month later it’s fine. Suggest going to a St. Patrick’s Day parade together.
6. Set up a coffee date and order the green tea Frappuccino at Starbucks or meet at an ice cream shop and grab a mint-chocolate ice cream cone.
7. If an Irish pub and drinking green beer isn’t your thing, go to a sushi bar or your favorite Japanese restaurant and sip on some hot green tea and order green-tea ice cream for dessert.
Keep in mind St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to practice the art of flirting. Go ahead and wear that flashing green button to draw attention to yourself. If you are not one to visit a local pub, go to a public place and wear green and start smiling. You have permission to do it all.
Do you have plans to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year?
Julie Spira is an online dating expert, bestselling author of The Perils of Cyber-Dating, and is the CEO of CyberDatingExpert.com. She creates irresistible profiles for singles on the dating scene. For online dating advice, follow @JulieSpira on Twitter and at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert
If drinking green beer or nibbling on a mint-chocolate chip ice cream cone aren’t on your menu, we’re thrilled to share Rose Cole’s healthy recipe for her Raw Mint-Chip Shamrock Shake.
- 1-2 Tbs cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)
- 1 frozen large banana (the more ripe, the better)
- 1-2 drops peppermint extract (or handful of fresh mint leaves)
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach (or opt for all-natural green food coloring, or just make a white mint shake)
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk of choice (coconut, almond, hemp, etc. Use more or less, depending on desired thickness.)
Optional Ideas & Add-ins
- cocoa powder
- chocolate protein powder
- garnish with fresh mint leaves
- 2-4 drops liquid stevia (I love the peppermint liquid stevia from Sweet Leaf)
- a pinch of guar gum and xantham to make pudding (or just reduce milk)
Blend everything together and enjoy! For more healthy recipes, visit RoseCole.com.
For more romantic recipes, check out our Love Potions!
Happy Music Monday.
All me to put my DJ hat on and enjoy this week’s classic video montage of “Something” by the Beatles.
It’s a great way to start the week and may just put a smile on your face.
Do you have a favorite Cyber Love Song to share?
Follow @JulieSpira on Twitter
As we gather together with our friends, family, and loved ones, it’s time to reflect on all that you’re grateful for. This Thanksgiving, we’re happy to share our favorite quotes from the web and Twitter for gratitude on the holiday.
1. Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart. ~Seneca
2. Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude. ~ E. P. Powell
3. To give thanks in solitude is enough. Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do. ~ Victor Hugo
4. Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ?~William Arthur Ward
5. In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich. ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
6. The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings. ~Henry Ward Beecher
7. As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.? ~John F. Kennedy
8. Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.? ~Edward Sandford Martin
9. What we’re really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets.? I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?? ~Erma Bombeck
10. Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.? ~W.J. Cameron
11. Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day.? ~Robert Caspar Lintner
12. Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare.? They are consumed in twelve minutes.? Half-times take twelve minutes.? This is not coincidence.? ~Erma Bombeck
13. An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.? ~Irv Kupcinet
14. Forever on Thanksgiving Day, the heart will find the pathway home.?~Wilbur D. Nesbit
15. A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues.? ~Cicero
16. Thanksgiving is possible only for those who take time to remember; no one can give thanks who has a short memory.? ~Unknown
17. Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don’t unravel.? ~Unknown
18. Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.? ~Aesop
19. Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast.? ~William Shakespeare
10. Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.? ~W.T. Purkiser
Wishing you much love and joy in cyberspace, or wherever you may roam.
Julie Spira and the Cyber-Dating Expert Team.
This Thanksgiving season, we searched near-and-far to find the perfect Love Potion romantic recipe to bake for your sweetheart, while showing gratitude for your relationship.
With over 1500 rave reviews on AllRecipes.com, this double layer pumpkin cheesecake recipe tops our list for Thanksgiving.
If you have four hours of time on your hands, along with a spare 425 calories, this recipe must be on your list this year.
Not spending Thanksgiving with your sweetheart? Don’t fret. This yummy recipe can be shared throughout the holidays. Let your cyber-date know what’s on the menu and he’ll happily schedule you in his calendar.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
3. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with whipped topping before serving.
This recipe and photo are provided courtesy of AllRecipes.com For more love potions recipes, click here
Our featured song this week is Colbie Caillat’s “I Do.”
Enjoy this uplifting song about the exciting feeling of meeting someone and falling in love.
Click here for our other featured Cyber Love Songs.