Julie Spira on FOX Studio 11 – Online Dating Advice [video]
Finding love on an dating website can be exciting. On FOX 11, I shared online dating tips with Christine DeVine and talked about how to do a background search.
Singles should be concerned about possible romance scams. Even the FTC, FBI and BBB are warning singles to be safe around Valentine’s.
Meeting singles online should be a fun and safe experience. Daters need to protect their hearts and their wallets and 71% of those polled by Harris Interactive on behalf of Spokeo said they would conduct a search on someone they’re dating or are considering dating.
1. Meet someone in a public place and let a friend know who you’re planning on meeting. Text your friend to let them know you’re safe.
2. Ask a lot of questions to get to know someone. Where did they go to school? How long have you lived in in this city?
3. Do a search to feel safer that the person behind the keyboard is who they claim to be by going to Spokeo.com. (marital status, age, reverse email/phone number search)
4. Check to see if social media profile photos match their dating profile photos.
5. Be careful of communicating with people from another country. Often they are originally from the U.S. and are working abroad. They will feel like they’ve fallen in love with you instantly and ask for money after a few email exchanges.
6. Don’t accept a late night date for drinks.
7. Use recent photos and tell your accurate age. Be honest and authentic.
Remember, there are 40 million singles dating online. You might just be that one in 40 million and find your digital sweetheart.
Julie Spira is an online dating expert and founder of CyberDatingExpert.com. She creates irresistible profiles for singles on the dating scene. Julie is a paid Spokesperson for Spokeo and believes in practicing safe online dating. For dating advice follow @JulieSpira on Twitter and sign up for the free Weekly Flirt newsletter.