One of the most popular questions I receive as an online dating expert is how to have the best online dating profile to find a date in time for Valentine’s or a milestone birthday. Match now reports that online dating is the #1 way for singles to find a date, with 31% of singles finding love online.
Since Internet dating is available 24-hours a day, it’s time to grab your mobile phone and give your Internet dating profile a simple digital facelift.
Here are 8 tips to help your profile stand out.
1. Create a catchy screen name. Some sites just provide you with a number or variation of a screen name if your chosen name isn’t selected. Using your first name and a handful of digits isn’t catchy. Try to find a name that is unique to you and describes your personality. An example would be MusicLoverNYC if you live in New York and love music. Others would be YogaGirlLA or NurseLori.
2. Leave the novel at home. The best profiles are short and will pique the interest of a potential date. I always recommend 100-125 words in your essay. If it’s shorter, it shows that you’re not taking online dating seriously. If it’s too long, there will be nothing left to talk about on the date. Plus, men don’t like to read long-winded profiles. It seems overwhelming and leaves the perception that you could be a high drama person.
3. Post 3-5 photos. Both men and women are visual. Every profile must have 3-5 photos in it, with the primary photo being a close-up shot with a smile. I always recommend that a woman wear red in her profile, as men see too many little black dresses, so you won’t blend into the thousands of thumbnail shots. Red is also the color of love and passion. Statistics show that women wearing red do receive more views and emails. Remember to include a full-length body shot, so it doesn’t appear that you’re hiding anything and don’t wear sunglasses in your photos.
4. Ditch the selfies. Although the word ‘Selfie’ made it into the Oxford dictionary, a selfie isn’t the most flattering photo, so keep it off of your profile. Remember, this is your love life resume and if you’re hoping to attract the man of your dreams, make sure you look like his dream girl.
5. Ask a question. The goal of online dating is to make your profile come alive and be approachable. If you ask a question in your profile, it makes it easier for your potential date to engage in a conversation with you. After all, you’re trying to develop a rapport with someone, not just be a stagnant billboard.
6. It’s not All About You. A man would like to imagine what a life with you could be like, so make it easier for him to know. Talk about what date night with you would be like and say, on a weekend, it would be great to go hiking with you on a Saturday morning and maybe take in a film matinee in the afternoon. When you talk about your life’s passions, end the sentence with, “what about you?” If you name some of your favorite travel spots, include a question to ask him where his dream trip would be.
7. Be specific. Profiles that are more specific help start the conversation. From a man’s point of view, profiles all look about the same. So say you like to travel, and list some of your favorite travel spots. Talk about how you like music and how the Red Hot Chili Peppers are one of your favorite bands and that you enjoyed watching them in the Super Bowl half time show.
8. Dump the cliches. Men know that women love going on beach walks, but if your profile says I like beach walks, sunset dinners, and love to laugh, your online dating profile is filled with cliches. Leave those conversations for your first few dates and laugh when you’re together, not on your profile.
At the end of the digital day, online dating is a numbers game. You need to play to win.
Here’s more information on how you can get an Irresistible Online Dating Profile.
Photo credit: JiSIGN – Fotolia.com
Do you want to stand out among the crowded playing field of online daters?
Would you like to wake up to an overflowing Inbox and have more quality dates online?
Whatever your dating goals are, you already know it’s very competitive. You don’t want to get lost among the millions of other online daters. If you already have an online dating profile, it could probably use a little help. The good news is that more singles are visiting online dating sites than ever before. Your chances of finding love online have just increased dramatically.
With IRRESISTIBLE Profiles?, we’ll create a custom sophisticated online dating profile designed to help you meet the man or woman of your dreams on the online dating site of your choice.
Cyber-Dating Expert Julie Spira will spend one-on-one time with you to create the best online dating profile – guaranteed to attract more desirable matches.
“I worked with Julie Spira to rewrite my online dating profile. With her help and coaching, I was able to find more quality women to write to online.? ~Dean, ?35-year old male
” Julie helped me create a new Internet dating profile that described me in a better way to attract more quality men. It didn’t take long before I started to receive more emails from men that I was interested in.” ~ Janice, ?56- year old female
“Julie’s advice has led to dozens and dozens of dates!” ~Robin, ?46-year old female
“I couldn’t understand why I wasn’t attracting quality men online. Julie Spira looked at my profile and with her suggested changes, the type of guys that have reached out to me have greatly improved.”~Brady, ?25-year old female
It’s time to get started!
* IRRESISTIBLE Profiles? Are non-refundable
Contact us if you are interested in an exclusive personal and ongoing coaching relationship. 5-Pack and 10-Pack programs are available.