Listen to the Jared and Dean radio show where I was a featured guest talking about online dating and relationship advice for the holidays. Dean proudly admitted that his new irresistible online dating profile that we created live on the radio has resulted in him attracting a new girlfriend.
From gift giving dos and don’ts to holiday party etiquette, we covered it all on Words Cause Radio.
Chanukah, the 8-day celebration known as the Festival of Lights, starts at sundown on December 8th.
As a child, I have fond memories of lighting the menorah and opening one special gift every night with my family, while nibbling on traditional potato pancakes fried in oil.
You probably have heard over-and-over again that online dating is a numbers game. Perhaps you wonder, “When will it be my turn?” As singles looking for love online, you know that first impressions are everything. So without further adieu, I wish you all a very festive holiday season.
Here are eight ways to enjoy the holiday. So don’t be blue and let’s get started.
1. Host a Chanukah Party. There’s no need to be alone at the holidays. This year we get an early start. Why not host a Chanukah party? Ask each single guy to bring his BFF and have each gal bring her best single guy friend. Not in the mood to send out invites? Check out the local Hanukkah singles parties online and RSVP.
- Added Bonus: You never know. Someone just might need a guest for his or her holiday party scheduled later in the month.
2. Guilt Them With Gelt. Love those gold-covered chocolate coins? Who wouldn’t? Don’t fret that you won’t have a stocking filled with candy canes or coal when your gift bag includes the golden gelt.
- Added Bonus: Chocolate is an aphrodisiac.
3. Spin the Dreidel. Remember when you played “Spin the Bottle” in high school? It’s time to play “Spin the Dreidel” instead. Replace the familiar Nun, Shin, Gimel and Hey with a more fun and a flirty gesture such as a kiss, hug, neck, or peck.
- Added Bonus: Everyone remembers his or her first kiss.
4. Light My Fire. Although it was one of my favorite songs by the band, The Doors, playing Light My Fire on Chanukah is a great way to get into a romantic mood with your date. Take turns lighting the candles. Who knows what the burning flames can turn into?
- Added Bonus: You may end up lighting his fire.
5. Red Hot Latkes. They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so grab your grandma’s favorite latke recipe and serve it with applesauce. Spice it up with cinnamon red hots, the color of love, and take turns spoon-feeding each other. Sound corny? Perhaps, but if you’re in a fun and flirty mood, one of you just might lean over to initiate that first kiss.
- Added Bonus: Red is the color of passion.
6. Don’t Spoil the Oil. The tradition is told that the burning oil lasted for eight days instead of one. Grab your favorite massage oil, heat it slightly in the microwave, and give him a foot massage. He’ll wonder what’s in store for days 2-8.
- Added Bonus: Even if he doesn’t love you, his feet will.
7. The Magic of 8. Time to ramp it up and write to eight people online that you’ve either previously flirted with or whose profiles have captured your eye. Take the time to say hello and wish them a Happy Chanukah with an e-card. You never know who will be happy to see your email in their “inbox.”
- Added Bonus: Everyone loves receiving holiday greeting cards and you have become proactive with your love life.
8. Eight Dates a Week. Don’t let the pressure of the holidays get you down. Commit to going on eight dates a week for the next four weeks in December. After all, online dating is a numbers game. You need to play to win. Think you met someone and had a great connection? After eight dates, happily retire your online dating profile and be open to the possibilities that they may be “the one.”
- Added Bonus: There’s a reason there is a Magic 8 Ball and the Beatles song made it to #1. Perhaps your time has come.
Julie Spira is an online dating and relationship expert and the author of the bestseller, The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online. She creates Irresistible Profiles for singles on the dating scene. Visit her at CyberDatingExpert.com where you can sign up for the Free Weekly Flirt and the eBook, 5 Secrets to Finding Love Online. Like her at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert for more dating advice and Follow Julie on Twitter @JulieSpira
Are the sounds of Christmas Carols getting you down? Is your dreidel not spinning this year?
Here are some online dating tips and some advice to cheer up the holiday blues and help singles make the best of the holiday season.
Cyber-Dating Tip #1. GET A NEW LOOK. Try changing your hairstyle, go shopping in your closet, and jump out of your comfort zone and put on that leopard dress.
Cyber-Dating Tip #2. UPLOAD NEW PHOTOS. Why wait until the New Year to show off your new look. It’s time to get some professional photos taken, and upload them to your online dating profile. Refresh your look in the eyes of those who will be searching for you.
Cyber-Dating Tip #3. IT’S ALL ABOUT COLOR. There’s a reason Santa is wears red for the holidays. You just can’t miss him. Put away the little black dress until after New Year’s and try wearing bright colors such as red, blue, gold, or ones that will make you shine.
Cyber-Dating Tip #4. JOIN AN ONLINE DATING SITE. If you are not online now or think you should wait until the holidays are over, you may be missing out on meeting that special someone or being invited to a holiday party. The period from now through Valentine’s Day is when singles are joining online dating sites in record numbers, some for the very first time.
Cyber-Dating Tip #5. CHANGE YOUR SCREEN NAME. Is your profile a bit stale? Perhaps it’s time for an online face-lift. Change your screen name to one that is more fun and flirty. Someone who may have glanced over your profile during their last login may notice you this time around.
Cyber-Dating Tip #6. GO TO SINGLES EVENTS. There are plenty of singles events in every town. Check your emails and local newspapers for the schedules. For Jewish singles, the annual Matzo Ball party is held in 11 cities on December 24th. The Ball is the nation’s largest Jewish singles event in the country, and don’t forget Meetup.com is filled with low-pressure events. Other dating and matchmaking services have dinner parties and dances just for the holidays. Accept all invitations and you just might end up kissing under the mistletoe.
Cyber-Dating Tip #7. GRAB YOUR SINGLE FRIENDS. If you are dating online now, consider each date as someone who can expand your social network. Invite them to a casual party and ask them to bring a single friend. You might not fall in love over coffee or lunch, but what if they just happened to have a friend……?
Julie Spira is known worldwide as The Cyber-Dating Expert™. She is the author of The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online. Visit her at CyberDatingExpert.com
Thanksgiving is around the corner and at this joyous time, it can also be very lonely and filled with anxiety for singles.
If you want to get lucky in love, here are my SEVEN dating tips to help you find love online in time for the holidays so you won’t be flying solo on New Year’s Eve.
1. Create an IRRESISTIBLE online dating profile.
- This includes a catchy screen name, professional photos, and an alluring essay that will pique his curiosity.
- If you are online now, change your screen name and reinvent yourself.
2. Let’s Get Organized
- Create a simple excel spreadsheet to help you sift through the possible dates to narrow down your search.
3. Don’t Wait. Initiate
- Women are told not to initiate contact with men and to let them do the pursuing. Why limit your possibilities? Come up with creative and key opening lines to initiate contact with men who will be flattered to hear from you.
4. It’s All About Color
- Sure nothing beats the little black dress. But for the holidays, spice up your look up with color. Wear red, gold, blue, or a color that will make you shine.
5. Find the Time
- Don’t spend all your time on the computer. Start filling up your calendar and transfer your online life to an offline relationship.
6. The Magic of 3
- Spend 3 hours a week minimum on your online dating site.
- Sign up for 3 online dating sites. Choose one a niche site, one larger mainstream site, and one a free online dating site.
- Write to 3 men EVERY day.
- Go on 3 dates a day. Does this sound impossible or frightening to you? Start with coffee in the morning, schedule a casual lunch during the day, and in the afternoon meet someone for coffee or drinks. You may be so pleased with your results that one of these dates could turn into a dinner date.
7. Cast a Wide Net
- Don’t toss away the date without chemistry. Consider each date as a new friend who may invite you to a holiday party. Expand your social and business network and be open to all of the possibilities.
For more personalized cyberdating tips and relationship advice, contact us for private coaching with Cyber Dating Expert Julie Spira, Let us help you create your IRRESISTIBLE online dating profile in time for the holidays or visit CyberDatingExpert.com where we provide dating advice for men and women.