Here are five dating and relationship tips to help everyone appreciate Father’s Day
1. If your relationship is new and you haven’t met his kids yet, let him enjoy the day alone with them. It’s not time to introduce his new girlfriend to the relationship. Go ahead and send a sweet text message in the morning wishing him a “Happy Father’s Day.” He’ll appreciate that you care enough to acknowledge the day and aren’t making the day all about you.
2. If you’ve already met his kids and don’t have children of your own, have a conversation about how he wants to spend the day. Offer to celebrate Father’s Day with him separately by perhaps suggesting a home cooked dinner on a different night or giving him tickets to his favorite sporting event for him and his children to attend.
3. If you have children of your own, don’t insist on blending the families if your children won’t be with their father or suggest splitting the time on Father’s Day between two families. Everyone will feel a bit left out with half of a celebration. Go ahead and let your date know you respect his time with his children and make other plans with your kids and go to a movie.
4. Don’t go buying him an extravagant gift if your relationship is new or suggest going away for a weekend trip. He might feel overwhelmed if you haven’t become serious yet and withdraw from the relationship. Send him an iTunes musical CD if he loves music from his favorite band.? It’s the thought that matters.
5. If you’ve met his kids and see them on a regular basis, ask your guy if he wants to be alone with them on Father’s Day. Then ask him to ask his children if they’d like to go out as a group or just with their dad. They’ll appreciate that you consider their feelings on the day that they celebrate their dad.
Remember, single dads are really interested in meeting women with children. Match reports that single dads are 56% more likely to email single moms than men without children. Eventually if your relationship progresses, you’ll be blending the families on the weekend, but don’t rush into it just yet.
How are you planning on celebrating Father’s Day this year?
Julie Spira is a leading online dating expert and author of the bestseller, The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online. She creates irresistible profiles and coaches singles on the dating scene. Like her at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert and follow her @JulieSpira on Twitter for dating advice.
Remember the scenario. Boy meets girl. Boy becomes attracted to girl. Girl gets infatuated and dreams about their future. They go on a movie date and hold hands. He takes her home to meet his family. They fall in love and get married. And then it’s “Happily Ever After.” ~ The End.
Gone are the days where you can fully rely on falling in love at first sight from across a crowded room. I know it can happen, as I was one of those rare people who experienced this magical love. More often-than-not, it happens in the movies and romance novels.
So here we are with online dating being a part of most single’s lives. Everyone seems to know someone who has met their significant other or spouse online. I often talk about online dating safety as you don’t know who you’re meeting from behind the keyboard. I’ve met married men who propose to single women regularly. I know women who lie about their age by ten years. It’s much easier to hide and idealize about who you’d like to be someday in your profile or write up a bio that would describe what you believe your dream girl will be attracted to.
As an online dating expert and coach, I believe in truth-in-advertising. After all, once you meet in person, if you’ve lied about some obvious things in your profile, it will be a bad experience for everyone involved.
Doing a simple Google check if your date’s name isn’t a very common one isn’t a bad idea. Telling your date you did a background check on them before you met in person is a terrible way to start a relationship.
However, this latest infographic will show you some of the typical lies you might observe while looking for love online , along with a few ways to get some deeper information if you feel the need to.
Presented By: BackgroundCheck.org
Would you do a background check on a date to feel safer?
Wishing you much love and joy in cyberspace, or wherever you may roam.
When you watch the TV commercials for eHarmony, Match.com, or Zoosk and see several success couples, do you wonder why it’s not working for you?
Before you hang up your digital hat, know that it doesn’t take an army to help you create an irresistible online dating profile, but just like a good newspaper or magazine article, you do need to stand out in the crowded marketplace.
Here are five tips that you can try on your own. If you need a little hand-holding, visit IrresistibleProfiles.com and we’ll get you started in no time.
Tips for Creating an Irresistible Online Dating Profile
1.? It’s all About the Photos. If hiring a professional photographer is in your budget, it’s an excellent idea. Perhaps you don’t need to buy that extra dress on sale. If not, grab a friend with a digital camera and snap about 100 photos in 5 different outfits. You can always fall back on browsing the photos you’ve uploaded on Facebook to add to your profile. Men are visual. If you look like you’re photo, he’ll be pleasantly surprised and will let you know. Most men are disappointed when you post photos from your Senior Prom, or that are a decade old. Post 3-5 photos, and remember to make one of them a full-length shot. Hint: He might be checking Facebook to see if your online dating photos resemble those you’ve posted on Facebook.
2. Create a Catchy Screen Name.??Stumped as to what’s catchy? You’d be surprised how many people take the random name assigned by the computer. Suzie12389 isn’t as catchy as BalletDancerinNY. If you’re still scratching your head and your favorite name is taken, remember the lyrics to a song that you were singing to in the car. How Music Can Enhance Your Online Dating Profile
3. Be Specific. While browsing through profiles, you might notice that so many just seem to look alike. Who wants to date a plain vanilla when they can have sugar and spice or cookies and cream? Don’t say you like music. Say you like classic rock music and are a Bruce Springsteen fanatic as you grew up in New Jersey. Who knows? You might get invited to a concert. Don’t say you like to travel, but say you loved skiing in Lake Tahoe one winter at a specific ski resort. Get the picture?
4. Leave the Novel at Home. There’s no need to reveal all. Sometimes, less is more. Profiles with over 200 words will be looked over after the first few sentences. It’s best to leave some mystery for your phone conversations and when you meet in real life.
5. Leave the Baggage Behind. Whether it’s an ex-boyfriend, ex-spouse, or ex-boss for that matter, no one wants to hear your dirty laundry. Avoid being the “Debbie Downer” of online dating and write about things you love. Everyone has had a bad date or two, but it’s not worth broadcasting. Ask yourself what you’re the most passionate about and let your potential date know what brings you joy.
At the end of the digital day, online dating is a numbers game. With over 120 million people worldwide logging on looking for love, there’s no better way to fill your date card until you find “the one.”
Julie Spira is an online dating expert, bestselling author, and the founder of CyberDatingExpert.com. She creates irresistible profiles for singles on the dating scene. For more dating and relationship advice, follow Julie on Twitter @JulieSpira and at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert.
You realize that you don?t have a catchy screen name and sadly failed creative writing in high school. So what can you do to grab the attention of a potential digital suitor?
When I write Irresistible dating profiles for singles looking for love online, I spend a lot of time talking to them about what they are the most passionate about. Whether it?s music, art, travel, or hiking, singles need to make it easy for others to write to them with a more than just generic topic.
Still, it’s difficult for most singles to create a catchy screen name or headline. If you?re still stumped, my recommendation is to think about the songs you love.? Do you remember hearing a song on the radio that made you hum in the car?? If so, it’s time to play “Name that Online Dating Tune.”
It’s simple to do. Just find the title or lyrics of a song that makes you smile and might be familiar to those viewing your profile. Poof. You now have a catchy screen name. When you use a partial lyric from a song, invite those looking at your profile to fill in the blanks. It?s fun, it?s flirty, engaging and it works.
When I heard the song “Tiny Dancer” by Elton John on the radio, I decided to use the first line of ?Blue Jean Baby, LA Lady?.? as a catchy screen name. The first sentence of the profile bio started with, ?Seamstress for what band?? The views to the dating profile increased by over 1000%.? Some who knew the answer wrote about their favorite Elton John song. Others who didn?t know the answer took action and actually did a Google search and typed in the lyrics to find the answer to respond correctly. They viewed, they winked, and they replied. If you need a little help, here’s a site with 10 Best Opening Lyrics. Make sure to read the long list of comments filled with other song title ideas.
Have you used songs in your online dating profiles? Feel free to comment.
Julie Spira is an online dating expert and bestselling author. She was an early adopter of Internet dating, having created her first profile over 15 years ago. She creates irresistible profiles for singles on the dating scene. Visit CyberDatingExpert.com for dating advice,? follow @JulieSpira on Twitter and like us at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert.
In this issue:
*? Sealing the Deal Book launch with over 30 bonuses
*? New Year’s Resolutions You’re Likely to Keep
*? 20% off Irresistible Profiles
*? Video: Finding Love in Cyberspace
It?s been a fun summer at Cyber-Dating Expert Headquarters helping singles with their Irresistible online dating profiles, cheering them on when they happily retire them in favor of finding themselves in a committed relationship, and best of all, reading your online dating stories that you shared on Facebook and at CyberDatingExpert.com.
Now that summer is almost over, it?s time to announce the winners of the Looking for Love Online summer promotion.
In the category of worst date, our winner is Teresa Marroquin from Texas.
Teresa will receive a complimentary Irresistible online dating profile and a 3-month membership to Match.com.? In her submission, Teresa?s online date flew from Philadelphia to visit her for four days in Texas.
Find out why her date turned out to be a ?Gorilla Guido,? and wasn?t what she expected.
?A guy came from Philly, PA to meet me & visit me in south Texas for 4 days, just two weeks ago. This guy is a “Gorilla Guido” type guy btw.? We get ready to go to the club, he starts to get ready, just like you see in the show Jersey Shore but 10x worse. We get in the car to leave and he is shirtless. We get in the parking lot and he needs to “pump up” before we can go in, so he starts to do pushups shirtless and says he’d be using his dumbbells too, but didn’t bring them.”
“He didn’t want me talking to anyone, he didn’t want me to say hi to anyone, I was stuck against the wall & wasn’t allowed to talk to anyone. We called it an early night.? Early the next morning he snuck out while I was still asleep. He text messaged me telling me he felt guilty for leaving his son back home. He still calls me his wifey, texts me, and wants me to go up to Philly to visit! I don’t think I’m the only one he saw while he was down here in Texas.”
In the category of funniest date, our winner is Carol McLeod Sanders from Alabama.?Carol will receive a complimentary online dating profile critique and an autographed copy of The Perils of Cyber-Dating. Carol?s funniest date was with a man over 60 years older than her.
“My funniest date was with an 84 yr. old man when I was 22. We were walking about a mile back to his home and my car. During the walk from the Parade, he conned me into thinking he couldn’t go to the Homecoming game because he had no ticket or a way to go. I gave him a ticket and told him I would pick him up. When I got to his house, there were five sets of eyes peering thru his curtains! When we got to the game they all mysteriously showed up. I knew then I had been duped! I ended up buying drinks and food for six men instead of one. But we had a ball !! I never saw these men again but they smiled from ear to ear all day!”
All of those who entered the contest will receive a free email online dating profile critique. All of us at Cyber-Dating Expert thank you for participating and sharing your stories.
If you?re truly ready to become irresistible and want to know the secrets to finding love online, let us know. With the change of seasons, many singles are joining online dating sites and are ready to find love.
So your relationship status is listed as a “dud.” Does that mean you should accept your ho-hum love life or are you ready to ignite some fireworks to kick-off the summer holiday?
At Cyber-Dating Expert Headquarters, we’ve decided to help you ramp up your search with a wonderful 20% HOLIDAY Savings! But we’re only limiting this offer to TEN lucky people.
SAVE over $150 on your package now from July 1 – 6, 2011 and sign up for our Signature IRRESISTIBLE Online Dating Profile Makeover package.
As you know, I’m passionate ?about helping singles find love both online and offline. I also happen to love holiday weekends. It’s the time to ramp up your flirting techniques and mingle with singles all weekend long.
While fireworks will be in the sky throughout America, what about the fireworks and passion in your love life? Don’t you deserve to have a spark ignited?
That’s right. No gimmicks, no long term commitment. One very special PRIVATE coaching session that will change the direction of your love life.?Let the next holiday fireworks be your very own in the arms of someone very special.
- 20-minute Phone or Skype Consultation
- Personalized Dating Assessment
- Customized Online Dating Profile from Scratch or Makeover
- Includes a NEW Catchy Screen Name
- New Bio With the Perfect Word Count
- One Personalized Matching Search
- 30-Days Unlimited eMail Support to help you before, during, and after your dates.
*Don’t wait as this offer is valid for the FIRST 10 People who sign up and will sadly expire on July 6th at midnight when the price will revert back to the regular rate.
Sign up now and let the next Cyber Love Story of the Week be your own.
*Coaching Packages are non-refundable
Looking for love online this summer? We?re thrilled to announce the Cyber-Dating Expert Summer Love promotion where we’ve teamed up with Match to provide one lucky winner with a signature Irresistible Dating Profile from online dating expert Julie Spira, along with a 3-month free membership to Match.com.
To participate in the contest, participants are requested to LIKE the Cyber-Dating Expert facebook page at facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert and post their funniest or worst dating story ever on the facebook wall.
Five additional winners will be selected and will receive an autographed copy of the bestseller, The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online. Think about your funniest Internet date and share it with us on Facebook for your chance to win.
*Contestants must be 18 years of age or older and reside in the United States. No profanity will be accepted and inappropriate wall posts will be removed with the contestant disqualified. The contest starts on June 20, 2011 and ends on July 3, 2011. Winners will be selected by Cyber-Dating Expert, LLC. and announced on July 5, 2011 on Facebook and Twitter.