What do you get when you match up 8 single daters and 8 mobile dating apps?
Hi, this is Julie Spira and I’ve created Mobile Dating Bootcamp, a social dating experience to help singles find love from the convenience of their mobile phones.
With over 14 million singles using mobile dating apps, we decided to put mobile to the test. Let’s see what the daters had to say.
It’s time to take a moment and share some of our favorite articles about dating, love and romance in a Web 2.0 World that we shared on Twitter and thank those for including Cyber-Dating Expert’s advice in their stories.
A huge thank you to our friends at Mashable who posted two stories, How Social Media Helps Romantic Relationships Thrive and 10 Dating Apps To Help You Find True Love. Both were tweeted over 1300 times each. Thank you from the bottom of my digital heart for including our Mobile Dating BootCamp in the story.
On Twitter, Kathleen Miles from Huffington Post alerted me to the new risque billboard on Sunset Boulevard for dating site Cougar Life, so I shared it on the LA Dating Advice column on Examiner in, Is Sunset Boulevard the New Home for Cougars? I’ll let you decide.
Thank you to Online Personals Watch for sharing and contributing to Dating in a Mobile World. Mobile Dating BootCamp contestant videos should be posted shortly and we’ll start casting for Season 2, to be held in Las Vegas. Best Background Checks posted Experts Reveal 7 Tips for Safer Online Dating,
If you missed the Magnetizing Love Telesummit, you can catch our 25 Twitter Secrets to Finding Love Online and catch up in a few minutes. Our friends at GalTime posted a great article, Getting Rid of Past Loves, which we had to share on Twitter. Sometimes it takes awhile to knock your ex of his or her pedestal. This article should help. We tweeted The Phoenix New Times article, The Seven Strangest Online Dating Sites and was surprised to see sites for dating with food allergies and dating a redhead.
You can share your dating stories in our Peril of the Week and remember our friends at Bad Online Dates and ABC’s 20/20 are looking for your videos on dating disasters, so keep your iPhone handy and start shooting away.
Wishing you much love and joy in cyberspace, or wherever you may roam.
Julie Spira and the Cyber-Dating Expert Team.
It was an honor and joy to be included with 45 relationship experts in the Magnetizing Love Telesummit. The best part of my conversation with Julie-Anne Shapiro was the live tweeting of the event, so if you missed the call, check out the 25 best tweets and feel free to retweet and share the love.
You can still sign up to listen to all of the recordings here.
1. Don’t look online to replace a lost love. Work on yourself first. #quote #juliespira #relationships #dating
2. Enjoy your singleness and know the journey starts with you before beginning online dating. #quote #juliespira #relationships
3. Explore the common values and spiritual growth of potential partners. #quote #juliespira #dating #relationships
4. Don’t think you know you’ll marry someone after 1 date, start a journey and take time. #quote #juliespira #relationships
5. Meeting someone new, take time and get to know them-family background, how they treat you. #quote #juliespira #relationships
6. Over 40 Million singles looking online for love. #quote #juliespira #onlinedating #dating
7. An irresistible online dating profile: great photos, like an ad for yourself.#quote #juliespira #onlinedating
8. For your online dating name use your passion and create interest i.e. pianobaby #quote #juliespira #onlinedating
9. Online dating profile should not be a novel length description–overwhelming, drama. #quote #juliespira #onlinedating
10. Online dating profile shouldn’t have photos of children, no sexy photos. #quote #juliespira #onlinedating
11. Online dating profile should include your passions, such as recent concert or movie. #quote #juliespira #onlinedating
12. Online dating profiles shouldn’t include cliches like beach walks State what makes you happy. #quote #juliespira #onlinedating
13. Taking online dates to offline starts with only a few emails but after a week move to phone. #quote #juliespira #onlinedating
14. Within a week of the phone call, meet the person in a public place. #quote #juliespira #onlinedating
15. Avoid texting as a way to make a date, do it on the phone. #quote #juliespira #onlinedating
16. Hearing their voice is important, so texting isn’t the best way. Phone is better. #quote #juliespira #dating
17. Googling someone can cause you to jump to conclusions cause everything isn’t accurate online. #quote #juliespira #dating
18. Telling someone you have Googled them makes you look like a stalker and puts them off. #quote #juliespira #dating
19. You don’t kiss and tell, you don’t Google and tell It becomes awkward. #quote #juliespira #dating
20. Don’t send a facebook friends request before or after a first date. #quote #juliespira #relationships
21. Keeping dates organized, spreadsheet of important facts. #quote #juliespira #onlinedating
22. You can color code your spreadsheet of dates for the ones you are most interested in. #quote #juliespira #onlinedating
23. Login to dating sites 1/2 hr 3 days a week, then check in every day. #quote #juliespira #onlinedating
24. Never discuss the ex, money issues-switch the conversation to other things. #quote #juliespira
25. Wishing you much love and joy in cyberspace, or wherever you may roam #quote #juliespira
It’s no surprise that it’s competitive online. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon, but often your profile is ho-hum. The result is your inbox may be rather empty. There’s no need to quit after a week or a month, but you should think about having a digital facelift to ramp up your search.
Before you hang up your digital hat, know that it doesn’t take an army to help you create an irresistible online dating profile, but just like a good newspaper or magazine article, you do need to stand out in the crowded marketplace.
Here are five tips that you can try on your own. If you need a little hand-holding, visit IrresistibleProfiles.com and we’ll get you started in no time.
Tips for Creating an Irresistible Online Dating Profile
1. Create a Catchy Screen Name. Stumped as to what’s catchy? You’d be surprised how many people take the random name assigned by the computer. Suzie12389 isn’t as catchy as BalletDancerinNY. If you’re still scratching your head and your favorite name is taken, remember the lyrics to a song that you were singing to in the car. How Music Can Enhance Your Online Dating Profile
2. Be Specific. While browsing through profiles, you might notice that so many just seem to look alike. Who wants to date a plain vanilla when they can have sugar and spice or cookies and cream? Don’t say you like music. Say you like classic rock music and are a Bruce Springsteen fanatic as you grew up in New Jersey. Who knows? You might get invited to a concert. Don’t say you like to travel, but say you loved skiing in Lake Tahoe one winter at a specific ski resort. Get the picture?
3. It’s all About the Photos. If hiring a professional photographer is in your budget, it’s an excellent idea. Perhaps you don’t need to buy that extra dress on sale. If not, grab a friend with a digital camera and snap about 100 photos in 5 different outfits. You can always fall back on browsing the photos you’ve uploaded on Facebook to add to your profile. Men are visual. If you look like you’re photo, he’ll be pleasantly surprised and will let you know. Most men are disappointed when you post photos from your Senior Prom, or that are a decade old. Post 3-5 photos, and remember to make one of them a full-length shot. Hint: He might be checking Facebook to see if your online dating photos resemble those you’ve posted on Facebook.
4. Leave the Novel at Home. There’s no need to reveal all. Sometimes, less is more. Profiles with over 200 words will be looked over after the first few sentences. It’s best to leave some mystery for your phone conversations and when you meet in real life.
5. Leave the Baggage Behind. Whether it’s an ex-boyfriend, ex-spouse, or ex-boss for that matter, no one wants to hear your dirty laundry. Avoid being the “Debbie Downer” of online dating and write about things you love. Everyone has had a bad date or two, but it’s not worth broadcasting. Ask yourself what you’re the most passionate about and let your potential date know what brings you joy.
At the end of the digital day, online dating is a numbers game. With over 120 million people worldwide logging on looking for love, there’s no better way to fill your date card until you find “the one.”
Julie Spira is an online dating expert, bestselling author, and the founder of CyberDatingExpert.com. She creates irresistible profiles for singles on the dating scene. For more dating and relationship advice, sign up for the Weekly Flirt newsletter and follow Julie on Twitter @JulieSpira and like us at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert.
As we get ready for the Mobile Dating Conference, I spoke with NBC News in Miami about how to find love from your mobile phone. It’s becoming the most popular way for singles to find finding love in a Web 2.0 World.
“They’re not just using them for phone calls,” author and online dating expert Julie Spira said. “They’re making dates, reservations, buying shoes, buying books … and dating fits into that as well.”
Many traditional online dating sites are now launching their own apps. Spira said some offer instant gratification.
“We call it location-based service dating, so if you’re at a Starbucks and there’s somebody down the street at a sandwich shop and you’re on the same mobile app, maybe you can meet for dessert,” Spira said.
Many thanks to everyone at NBC 6 in Miami for featuring CyberDatingExpert.com in your story.
For more about mobile dating, visit our Mobile Dating BootCamp site, where 8 contestants are using 8 mobile apps and will be talking about their findings at the Mobile Dating Conference in Beverly Hills in a focus group, moderated by Julie Spira.
Julie Spira is an online dating, cyber-relations, and mobile dating expert. She creates irresistible profiles for singles on the dating scene. For more dating advice, sign up for our Weekly Flirt newsletter, follow @JulieSpira on Twitter, and like us at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert
Here are five dating and relationship tips to help everyone appreciate Father’s Day
1. If your relationship is new and you haven’t met his kids yet, let him enjoy the day alone with them. It’s not time to introduce his new girlfriend to the relationship. Go ahead and send a sweet text message in the morning wishing him a “Happy Father’s Day.” He’ll appreciate that you care enough to acknowledge the day and aren’t making the day all about you.
2. If you’ve already met his kids and don’t have children of your own, have a conversation about how he wants to spend the day. Offer to celebrate Father’s Day with him separately by perhaps suggesting a home cooked dinner on a different night or giving him tickets to his favorite sporting event for him and his children to attend.
3. If you have children of your own, don’t insist on blending the families if your children won’t be with their father or suggest splitting the time on Father’s Day between two families. Everyone will feel a bit left out with half of a celebration. Go ahead and let your date know you respect his time with his children and make other plans with your kids and go to a movie.
4. Don’t go buying him an extravagant gift if your relationship is new or suggest going away for a weekend trip. He might feel overwhelmed if you haven’t become serious yet and withdraw from the relationship. Send him an iTunes musical CD if he loves music from his favorite band. It’s the thought that matters.
5. If you’ve met his kids and see them on a regular basis, ask your guy if he wants to be alone with them on Father’s Day. Then ask him to ask his children if they’d like to go out as a group or just with their dad. They’ll appreciate that you consider their feelings on the day that they celebrate their dad.
Remember, single dads are really interested in meeting women with children. Match reports that single dads are 56% more likely to email single moms than men without children. Eventually if your relationship progresses, you’ll be blending the families on the weekend, but don’t rush into it just yet.
How are you planning on celebrating Father’s Day this year?
Julie Spira is a leading online dating expert and author of the bestseller, The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online. She creates irresistible profiles and coaches singles on the dating scene. Like her at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert and follow her @JulieSpira on Twitter for dating advice.
Nine single daters are using 6 mobile dating apps, as online dating and mobile dating expert Julie Spira helps them find love from their mobile phone. Meet our contestants and cheer them on.
We’re counting down the days until the first Mobile Dating Bootcamp goes live! The 12 contestants have been selected by ThreeDayRule and will be announced shortly. Until then, enjoy our video and take a moment to like us at Facebook.com/MobileDatingBootcamp
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Online Dating Expert Julie Spira and ThreeDayRule to Host Mobile Dating Boot Camp
Los Angeles, CA — May 9, 2012 Julie Spira, the leading online dating expert and ThreeDayRule, Los Angeles’ top singles event company will join forces to create the first-ever Mobile Dating Boot Camp, designed to help online daters improve their chances to find a date, a friend, or love online using the latest mobile dating apps.
Twelve of ThreeDayRule’s most eligible singles will participate in a four-week challenge starting on May 17, 2012. Each contestant will utilize two mobile dating apps daily during the period and chronicle their experiences at mobiledatingbootcamp.com.
The selected daters’ will share their experiences on the use of these apps in a mobile dating focus group led by Spira at iDate/Mobile Dating Conference in front of Internet Dating Executives on June 22, 2012 at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA.
“It’s an honor to have been selected to moderate the first-only mobile dating user focus group at this year’s iDate Conference,” said Spira. “Mobile dating is certainly on the rise and is the number one topic at the summer Internet Dating Conference,” Spira added. “Users are more engaged and online dating sites are embracing mobile strategies. Knowing what their customer base thinks of existing mobile apps will help sites formulate a better strategy, while helping singles find love online much faster on their smartphones.”
According to a Juniper research study, the mobile industry is expected to grow to $1.4 billion by 2013. Users of mobile apps are more engaged than those who visit the web-based site versions of dating sites.
Contestants in the Mobile Dating Boot Camp will receive over $600 in prizes including an online dating profile critique from Cyber-Dating Expert, a dating coaching session from ThreeDayRule, and will receive other prizes, including a luxurious catered lunch at the SLS Hotel.
About Cyber-Dating Expert
Cyber Dating Expert is the leading online dating advice site created by Internet dating pioneer, online dating expert and mobile dating expert Julie Spira. Spira’s dating advice has reached millions and she is a well-sought out expert in the media on the topic of cyber-relations. Spira is the author of the bestseller,“ The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online.” She was an early adopter of the Internet having created her first online dating profile in 1994. She coaches singles with her signature irresistible profiles program. This will be Spira’s third time speaking at the Internet Dating Conference. Visit CyberDatingExpert.com and MobileDatingExpert.com.
ThreeDayRule is an online dating site for sophisticated singles. The ThreeDayRule experience is different because the community is curated. The result? A high quality pool of potential candidates with impressive careers, achievements, and great personalities. Request membership at ThreeDayRule.com
About the Internet Dating Conference
Since 2004, iDate is the worldwide leading trade show and convention for the dating business. The event brings together CEOs and senior executives from all the major dating companies. The event covers online dating, social dating, speed dating, matchmaking, mobile dating, dating coaching, software, dating affiliate management, dating services and other forms of the industry. iDate will be held on June 22-24, 2012 at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA. To register, visit internetdatingconference.com.