Your Mother-in-Law Should Know
Best-selling author, Sally Shields, who wrote the book,?The Daughter-in-Law Rules: 101 Surefire Ways to Manage (and Make Friends with) Your Mother-in-Law! has provided us with some great advice in her book to ease the stress of the wedding planning for the bride.
Sally’s vision is to inspire more harmony among 20 million mothers and daughters-in-law worldwide by providing tips on how to get along with your future mother-in-law.
Sally gives five tips for remaining on good terms and happy with your mother-in-law.
1. Send Your MIL Cards and Flowers on her 3 Special Days (birthday, anniversary, and mother’s day)
2. Call Your MIL Regularly (preferably weekly)
3. Ask Your MIL for Her Advice ? Frequently (And then follow through)
4. Tell Your MIL What a Great Job She Did as Mother ?(She’ll love the compliments)
5. Compliment Your MIL?s Looks?Often! (If she looks young, let her know)